torsdag 20. oktober 2011

English and life drawing

Ok, so I "might" be changing over to English as a main language in this thing here.. It makes a lot more sense because I'm trying to use it even more as a way to expose myself as a Graphic designer/an illustrator, plus my new international friends will be able to understand some of it!

Anyways. I'm in week 4 of actual "lessons", and I must say that a few things have been making me improve a lot, especially life drawing. Basically, what we do on wednesday afternoon is we sit in a dance studio for three hours drawing dancers moving around, and when we're lucky - do some still poses. The tutors here are really adamant that we understand the three dimentions that goes into the human form, and I love and hate that at the same time. It's really hard to nail down a pose when the model is dancing about... And then I get really into in, and whenever we do a pose longer than 15 min I get bored, what is this nonsense? Another thing that has made me better at actually working as hard as I need on my assignments has been having to turn in one each week. (every monday morning, it's dreadful) Even though I have done a couple of late-night paintings so far, I seem to get better at planning and timing the work for each week. Finally!

I was going to put in a few sketches as well, but it seems the internet cannot handle that at the moment (it's a bit dicey) I might edit them in later or do another post when it's not so slooow.

Leytah'

Edit: These are some of the first ones





Ingen kommentarer: