torsdag 27. september 2012

School stuff

There has been a lot of freshers-week stuff going on that I haven't been too preoccupied with so far, except for the first week's international gatherings. I guess I've been to enough of these to know the gist of it. That is to say I haven't been very anti-social, yesterday I saw Mumford & Sons at an in-store show in East-London and was about 4 people away from the actual tiny stage, so that was brilliant. Did see David McCaffrey and Joe Banfi later the same evening at "The Social", a lovely venue not far from Oxford Street. Plus I got myself some kick-ass high-heeled Doc Martins at a vintage store, which was a bold choice considering it's me, but I got a discount and everything so it was a good match. They look smoking too btw, and it's making me want a leather jacket to complete the bad-ass set. I might've gotten one right there, if I wasn't such a cheap-skate..

Other stuff I've seen? Well.. I went with another new friend to The Tower of London and was a proper tourist, and another day we went to a party +, also in London. Did manage to miss the tube though. - and then the train. So expensive cab fare = yaaay! Lovely.

My flat is a good mix of two Americans, an Indian girl, a guy from Nigeria and a girl from China.  No other Norwegians in the flat! Which surprises me as there are SO many here. But my flat is all postgraduate students so I guess the norwegians are mostly undergrad?(Doing their bachelors).

Today was actually the first time I was on my campus, which is Knights Park, the FADA(The Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture)'s campus. Very Artsy, and very comfortable enviroment so far. + what looks to be a very relaxed bar(!). It was just an English language session for international students, and even though I consider myself proficient in spoken English, I hate friggin grammar rules. I mean.. Do I really need to be able to come up with "phrasal verbs" at a moments notice? I don't even remember what the different tenses are. :] I just read and watch tv and then I just learn what's appropriate to say and what's not? Oh well, it works fine as long as I don't limit myself to 17th century classics. (My english turned extremely posh and weird the last time I did that). 

Random photos to try and cover up what feels like to me to be a massive text post!:
Block/Flat

One of three foxes that roam the grounds at night

Part of the pretty grounds

In front of The Tower of London - White Tower

Same spot as the one before, different view.
And yes I have a wonderful fisheye lens which my sister + fam got for me < 3



Ingen kommentarer: